Kia Telluride Continues to Impress 40,000 Miles Later
If you’ve seen any of our Freedom Motors USA blog posts about the wheelchair Telluride, you know that it’s a first-class ride shaking up Kia’s line-up. Debuting in 2019, it’s already become Kia’s flagship SUV, and for good reason. With smooth handling and a laundry list of luxury features, it’s no wonder that it’s captured the industry’s attention.
It’s captured the attention of critics and enthusiasts, too. The 2019 model won a 10Best award from Car and Driver, recognizing it as one of the magazine’s 10 favorite car models that year. In fact, they liked the Telluride so much that it received a 2021 10Best award as well.
Car and Driver’s review after driving the SUV for 40,000 miles was glowing, and had little to critique. Let’s take a look at why experts and consumers agree the Telluride is Kia’s best SUV yet, and what makes them a great option for a wheelchair accessible conversion.
When it comes to performance, the Telluride delivers everything you’d expect from a family-sized SUV and much, much more. With a 291-horsepower 3.8-liter V-6 engine maintaining an estimated 21 mpg combined average, the Telluride offers a powerful, responsive engine without sacrificing fuel efficiency.
All of this translates into a powerful and efficient wheelchair accessible vehicle. Freedom Motors engineers leave vehicles as close to OEM as possible when converting them, meaning any changes in performance are insignificant.
A Stylish Wheelchair Accessible SUV
The Telluride carries itself differently from other SUVs. It’s bold, geometric grille and slick vertical taillights make a lasting impression. In fact, they’re so impressive that the 2021 Kia Sorento redesign looks heavily inspired by the Telluride.
With their orange “tiger eye” design, even the daytime running lights add a stylish touch to an otherwise mundane feature. Ventilated leather seats, stainless steel pedals and tasteful faux-wood paneling doesn’t hurt, either. Once again, the Telluride punches above its weight and takes on the look and feel of a much pricier vehicle.
If you’re looking for a wheelchair accessible vehicle that’s not a van, look no further. The Telluride not only looks sportier and sleeker than any minivan on the market, it also looks more impressive than most SUVs.
Plenty of Space Makes for a Great Wheelchair Conversion
When considering which wheelchair accessible vehicle is right for you, one of the most important considerations will always be interior space. No matter how nice the vehicle is, it’s no good to you if you can’t fit your passengers and their mobility aids.
With the Freedom Motors Telluride, there’s no need to worry. With a 55” tall, 35.5” wide door opening and 55” of headroom at the wheelchair riding position, the Freedom Motors Kia Telluride offers a spacious interior for an incredibly comfortable wheelchair accessible SUV experience. Additionally, the 56” long and 32.5” wide ramp allows plenty of room when entering and exiting the vehicle.
Lots of Premium Features
Just like any good vehicle, a good accessible vehicle has lots of features. The Kia Telluride has those features, and then some more. Of course, it comes standard with many of the luxury features you’d expect from an SUV of this caliber. Climate-controlled seats, blind-spot monitors and LED fog-lights are nice features, but nothing out of the ordinary.
However, heated side mirrors, ambient lighting controls with up to 64 color options and doppler weather radar all take the Telluride experience to the next level. With a host of other options available depending on the trim level, the Telluride has everything you need and more.
About Freedom Motors USA Wheelchair Accessible Vehicles
Why buy your wheelchair accessible vehicle from Freedom Motors USA? It’s simple. Freedom Motors is family-owned and has been creating accessible vehicle conversions since 1987, making us one of the first companies in the industry. We have experience getting our customers what they need.
- Don’t know where to start? Our team of Mobility Specialists will work with you to help find the vehicle that best suits your needs.
- Shop from Home – Freedom Motors will come to you anywhere in the country to provide a demonstration of any of our wheelchair conversions.
- Exclusive Stock – Shop our expansive list of rear-entry accessible SUVs that you won’t find anywhere else in the mobility industry, including the Buick Enclave, Chevrolet Traverse, Kia Sorento, Kia Soul, Kia Telluride and Honda HR-V.
- Premium Features – Freedom Motors conversions offer top-of-the-line features, like the automatic rear-entry ramp or our full and half-cut options that allow for more passenger seating options.
- Superwide Ramps – Freedom Motors offers some of the widest ramps in the industry that you won’t find anywhere else, including the Superwide 40” Dodge Grand Caravan and the Superwide 48” Toyota Sienna.
- Dedicated to Keeping You Moving – Contact us today and we’ll work with you to find the right vehicle for you.