New Wheelchair Accessible Vehicles Now Available in California
For California drivers, finding the right wheelchair accessible vehicle can be tricky. The vehicles available to them can be limited by local laws and regulations that determine which vehicles can be purchased and driven in the state of California.
Vehicles in California must adhere to emissions standards set by the California Air Resources Board. Freedom Motors USA frequently submits our vehicles for testing to ensure compliance with all standards set by the CARB. This means that our inventory remains available to customers regardless of their location in the U.S.
Our wheelchair conversions are all made with aircraft-grade aluminized steel and powder coated to prevent rust, with commercial-grade vinyl flooring to withstand the elements. Here are a few exceptional Freedom Motors models available for our West Coast customers to choose from.
The Freedom Motors Kia Telluride, pictured above.
Hyundai Palisade and Kia Telluride
Their full-size SUV frame ensures that passengers are comfortable with lots of interior space, and premium features like ventilated seats and an 8” touchscreen infotainment display provide a first-class cabin experience.
The spacious interior means that wheelchair and ambulatory passengers in the second row will feel plenty comfortable, too. For those looking to transport more ambulatory passengers, half-cut Tellurides are available with remounted OEM second row bench seats, with wheelchair passengers riding in the third row.
With sporty and mean-looking exteriors, the Palisade and Telluride are the complete opposite of what you’d expect from a wheelchair vehicle. With a rear-entry ramp, it’s unlikely anyone on the road will even know that you’re driving a converted vehicle.
The Freedom Motors Buick Enclave, pictured above.
Chevy Traverse and Buick Enclave
The Buick Enclave provides a wheelchair vehicle with a sleek and elegant exterior, while the Chevrolet Traverse offers a traditional and rugged American look. While they may be #NotAVan, the Enclave and Traverse don’t sacrifice interior space or seating.
Seating a wheelchair passenger, three ambulatory passengers and the driver, these vehicles are great options for families. Parents with young children can easily attach their car seats to the two super-deluxe bucket seats in the second row.
The Freedom Motors Kia Soul is available in a variety of vibrant colors, pictured above.
Although much smaller than it’s full-size SUV cousins above, the Kia Soul brings a lot of features and a big personality to the table. Don’t let it’s small size fool you; the Soul is still capable of big things.
Equipped with an automatic ramp and a power transfer seat, wheelchair users can enter the vehicle and transfer into the driver seat and drive without a caregiver. This makes the Soul a great choice for those who are looking to live and drive independently.
If parking an SUV is easier than parking a van, parking a Kia Soul is a walk in the park. It’s compact size and short wheelbase make it great for city driving and crowded parking lots, where being in a large vehicle with limited visibility can be intimidating.
Find a vehicle that works for you
If the options we’ve laid out above won’t work for you, don’t worry. There are several other vehicles available at Freedom Motors and our Mobility Specialists are on standby to help you find a vehicle that suits your needs.
About Freedom Motors USA Handicap Vehicles For Sale
Why buy your wheelchair accessible vehicle from Freedom Motors USA? It’s simple. Freedom Motors is family-owned and has been creating accessible vehicle conversions since 1987, making us one of the first companies in the industry. We have experience getting our customers what they need.
- Don’t know where to start? Our team of Mobility Specialists will work with you to help find the vehicle that best suits your needs.
- Shop from Home – Freedom Motors will come to you anywhere in the country to provide a demonstration of any of our wheelchair conversions.
- Exclusive Stock – Shop our expansive list of Wheelchair Accessible SUVs that you won’t find anywhere else in the mobility industry, including the Buick Enclave, Chevrolet Traverse, Kia Sorento, Kia Soul, Kia Telluride and Honda HR-V.
- Hybrid Vehicles – Check out the industry’s first Toyota Sienna Hybrid Wheelchair Van wheelchair-accessible conversion, with a no-charge hybrid drivetrain making it the most efficient wheelchair van on the market.
- Premium Features – Freedom Motors conversions offer top-of-the-line features, like the automatic rear-entry ramp or our full and half-cut options that allow for more passenger seating options.
- Superwide Ramps – Freedom Motors offers the widest ramps in the industry that you won’t find anywhere else, including the Superwide 40” Dodge Grand Caravan and the Superwide 48” Toyota Sienna.
- Dedicated to Keeping You Moving – Contact us today and we’ll work with you to find the right vehicle for you.